Sign in with
Your question

Color

Last response: in Overclocking
December 9, 2012 4:13:27 AM

Hey guys,

So i am thinking of doing a green loop. What combination between clear or colored tubing a some sort of liquid would bring me closes to the "Razer" green color. A lot of greens i have seen seemed to be too light and a little washed out.

Thanks

More about : color

a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 4:38:01 AM

I myself would prefer some neon tubing... it has awesome coloring and it freaking lights up...IN THE DARK.....
a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 4:44:59 AM

We do not recommend it i just use colored tubing Distilled water, + Silver coil or PT Nuke
Related resources
a c 149 K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 4:59:56 AM

Colored tubing is your answer.
a c 76 K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 10:35:54 PM

dye's are a BIG NONO - as mentioned by bigcyco,muffin+rockdpm. If you want color in your loop, get colored tubing. There's a thread on the net on how to color/dye your own tubings...and how much color you'd want them to be. Though it means wrecking the kitchen and ruining a pan for boiling the tubing and dye in.

Dye's break apart over time and the other thing about dye's is that they stain in order to give off the color, thus the high restriction of choices on some parts such as tubed res' and some blocks. BTW the blocks also get stained, ever wonder how people don't show cleaning/block tear-apart pics?

Dye's raise the temps of a normal efficient loop by about 4C sometimes upto 8C but by this understand that dye's are mean't for a show...not full time usage.

*check out the watercooling build log thread and/or the watercooling gallery thread - there's a rig of a green+black themed build. maybe thas the color you'd want, should be a PM away for some advice.
a b K Overclocking
December 10, 2012 11:20:58 AM

Not really fair moto there corrosion in that not really the fault of the dye at all.
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 10, 2012 11:31:47 AM

**non-copper/soft metal in the top that has been reacting with chemicals in the fluid from mixing dyes**
There wouldn't have been as much damage if not for the additives in the coolants, and in a plain water loop, corrosion can be fought with a anti-corrosion additive,
personally I'm a purist as you know,
the less things you add to water the better, both from a heat transference view and from an avoiding compatibility issues
I simplify things in the original post but sometimes its the simpler explantions that get through
Moto
!