Sign in with
Your question

Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 120gb SSD not detected.

Last response: in Storage
March 6, 2012 2:08:03 AM

I just built a computer and I have 1 1tb WD black hard drive, 2 500gb WD black hard drive, and a 120gb Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD. My plan was to use the SSD for my installs and Use the others for storage. Problem I am having is that my SSD is not detected at all in bios or during windows install. Wondering if I need a special driver for it to be detected. Computer is newly built so it has nothing as of this moment.
March 6, 2012 2:34:58 AM

Bios does not require driver installation, it should work and be recognized. You can try to update the motherboards bios to a newer version or it could be something simpler like the drive does not have power?? Try another power cable? Otherwise try the drive on another PC to see if it even works, could be DOA.
m
l
March 6, 2012 2:38:33 AM

I plugged the 1tb drive into the same slot and it was detected. I have the asus maximus extreme IV-Z board. I could download the bios updates from the website first to see if that changes anything.
m
l
March 8, 2012 8:26:37 AM

Do you have another system to test the SSD? i.e. Can you see if another computer will recognize the SSD? You might have a dead, bricked SSD that needs replacing. Mushkin makes good products, but I'm sure even they produce an occasional dud.
m
l
!