Windows Installation Issue

bbqdude

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I am installing windows on my newly built computer for the first time and I am stuck. Windows 7 is not recognizing my harddrive and is asking me to select the driver to be installed. My hard drive is a WD Caviar Black 1tb and it was OEM so it does not have a disk with it. I tried looking for the drivers online but was not able to find them. The HD was recognized in the BIOS.

darkjuggalo2000

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
right but in order to install windows you need to creat a new partition.... in the advanced tab there is an option to create a Partition. click it then click ok with the default amount... then it will say windows needs to set so much aside for its own use or something like that. click ok.. now select the biggest partition and click the format tab... now click install good luck

bbqdude

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I am still not getting my hard drive to show up. The screen I am on at the top says Where do you want to install windows? No drives are listed. At the bottom it gives me the options to refresh and load driver. Delete, extend, format, and new are all greyed out.