I have an iomega hard 500 GB external hard drive

kcsnath

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
i have an iomega hard 500 GB external hard drive with encryped software. It was working so smoothly. after virus attack i format my desktop. now whenever i connect my HD its showing in my computer with imega icon. but i have to click for to apply password. that is not opening. if someone know the reason, please let me know.

The reason is that you encrypted it, and unless you made a backup of that encryption key, you won't be able to get to the data. Depending on how you encrypted the drive though. If it's asking for a password, just give it the password you used. If the encryption depends on you using a certain account, you are in trouble. Windows sees each new account as different, even if you delete one and make a new one using the same name.

If the software you used came with the drive, check with iomega for support.

beraw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

i didn't encrypt it that im aware of, unless this is done automatically in which case i dont have a key, im just hopeing it's something i can replace,

Thank's for the reply

So what was that thing about having a drive with encrypted software?

What is happening when you plug in the drive and try to open it, does it open the drive? Is the drive seen by the PC? Need exact messages and steps you are doing.