Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Anything better or similar to Noctua NH-D14?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 9, 2012 8:48:01 PM

I'm looking for a great heatsink and fan like the NH-D14 but the main issues I have with it are its color. I just hate the beigeish red color scheme. Are there any heatsinks that perform similarly to the NH-D14? So far it is the best one I have seen. A lesser price point would be nice too but I'm okay with the 90$ price tag if need be.

More about : similar noctua d14

a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 9:01:20 PM

Hyper212 is cheap, can have almost any 120mm fans bolted to it, and perform quite well. I think price/performance it's the best out there. There are many others out there though. Just google up best 1155 air cooling and see what you find.
m
l
December 9, 2012 9:20:22 PM

I found this and fell in love with the coloring and apparently it is just as good if not better than the noctua. Would it fit in a haf x case with g skill ripjaws x series ram though?
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 9:24:42 PM

The Phanteks PH-TC14PE it's available in several colors, the performance is on par if not better than the NH-D14 from what I was able to gather from reviews with the Phanteks being quieter at the same cooling performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Edit: The Hyper 212 is a good budget cooler is no were near the performance of the NH-D14 or the Phanteks.

m
l
December 9, 2012 9:32:44 PM

I just stumbled upon those too and they look and I'd love to buy them. Would they fit in a Haf x case with g skill ripjaws x series ram though? All the reviews I see say they are monstrous even for larger cases.
m
l

Best solution

a c 150 K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 9:53:51 PM

They will fit, you're worrying too much about your memory. Just install memory first, then install your cooler.
December 9, 2012 10:01:16 PM

Best answer selected by Fyuturistic.
m
l
December 10, 2012 2:35:08 PM

If you're willing to shell out for a D14, you might as well consider the Phanteks mentioned earlier, or Thermalright's Silver Arrow(or Extreme).

They are the best air coolers out there IIRC.
m
l
!