Dropped my iomega 2tb screen play hard drive on the floor

beraw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hi i dropped my iomega 2tb screen play hard drive on the floor, ouch.
When i plugged it back into the tv it turned on ok and made the usuall winding up sound but when i pressed play it said (no device) but i can go into (set up) in the menu, does it sound fixable? thank you in advance

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Set up in the menu is probably firmware in the drive case, not actually on the hard drive itself. Most mechanical hard drives don't take drops on the floor too well. It could be anything physical, drive head(s) jammed, motor spindle dislocated. Too bad, I hear those were expensive. You could contact the mfgr. to see if it's repairable and at what price.

beraw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

I can replace it all, well almost all of it, 500+movies and every peice of music i ever had. Half of the movies are on dvd but i have some on another drive.

Thank's for taking the time to answer.

beraw

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

Im hopeing it's phsyical, it was 180 euro in a sale, the 1.5 is now 170 in HN, im leaving it in with somebody this friday, id rather go a week without my shoes than a week without my media player, but if it's fixable i dont mind. I'll let everybody know how i get on, hopefully it's good news.

Thank's for taking the time to reply.

ps: i find the player quite slow when changing from movie to movie, maby 10 to 15 seconds, feels like an hour, do you know of any way to speed this up?