Sign in with
Your question

How much of an FPS increase can I expect?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 9, 2012 10:30:47 PM

If I were to OC an i7 2700k to 4.5GHz, how much of an FPS increase should I expect in gaming?

Or if I were to OC an nVidia 670 from 1.1GHz to 1.2GHz - 1.3GHz, how much of an FPS increase should I expect in gaming?

Even if I were to OC both at once how much of an FPS increase should I expect in gaming?

I'm thinking about OC'ing when I get my computer, I've been reading guides and references, etc.

More about : fps increase expect

a b K Overclocking
December 9, 2012 10:50:15 PM

IT more or less depends on the resolutions, quality settings, and the like. Overclocking can do quite a bit but noone can tell you exactly what gains you'll see. I can tell you I gained about 15FPS in my favorite games with my pair of GTX550Ti's in Sli overclocked by 10%. Some games won't even react to an overclock on the CPU or Video card while others will take off. So don't expect someone to pop up and just say you'll gain 4.75FPS with 50mhz on the 670. It's not going to happen.

If you want to overclock and find out just what your hardware is capable of? Then prepare yourself. Do the research and learn about it first.
!