Could my intel core 2 quad 8200 bottleneck my nvidia geforce 9800 gt 512mb in sl

I wouldn't think so, if it did, not by too much anyway. The 9800GT in SLI performs slightly better than the GTX 275, which probably wouldn't be bottlenecked by a Core 2 Quad Q8200 at stock. Mainly depends on the game and resolution.

Turn all the eye candy up and OC the CPU if you can, the 9800's are closer to a GTX280 when the game uses SLi but they do like a fast CPU that has lots of onboard cache.

archangel514

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
So if i cant OC my q8200 because my motherboard is locked, should i bother doing anything or just keep what i got? All i really use my build for now is WoW and RTS games like starcraft II.

I have a Q8200 with 2 9800 GTX in SLI and at stock it was definitely bottle-necking my cards but I was able to overclock to 3.1 ghz and it helped alot. I was using an E84 @ 3.8 ghz at first but for games that can use multi threading the lower clocked quad killed with those games especially BF2 and GTA. I could probably get a little higher but my RAM is holding me back. But a Q8200 is a solid processor when overclocked at stock forget about it 2.33 is not enough to be a good gaming CPU. Max OC for these CPU usually tops out around 3.2 and it will take a good bit of voltage to do so but at 3.0ghz it will be more then enough for good gaming if its a prebuilt try set FSB or ClockGen to overclock I do know on stock voltage it will do 2.7ghz no problem getting higher then that stable needs some extra voltage.