Last response: in Motherboards
October 10, 2010 2:00:40 AM

I just got a new system
Gigabyte H55M USB3
4 GB Corsair RAM
i5 760 Processor
Solid State Drive for Operating System
Win 7 64 bit Ultimate

There is a beep from the motherboard speaker every so often. Just a little beep, like a quiet bar-code scanner. The computer seems to be running mostly good for now so since I just got my system, I'm trying to figure out what it is. Please help.

Also, my computer was running pretty good but after not being able to run the Windows Experience Index for no apparent reason (after I had already been able to run it) I was recommended to run:
sfc /scannow
it says:
"windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"
and refers me to CBS.log where it says that the "iassdo.dll.mui" couldn't be repaired

I've searched around on that and that particular file on my computer is only about 6kb and someone else said that there's was 46kb and they uploaded theres, i tried to test my computer by using that file, but I didn't have proper authority (though I am the administrator?) whatever the case, that MUI file is corrupted and can't be repaired?

I was finally able to run the WEI after taking out my backup hard drives, not sure what it was, but I backed up my backup drive and plan on reformatting my normal backup.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : gigabyte h55m usb3 random beep motherboard speaker

October 10, 2010 8:53:42 AM

For the computer beeps, there is a code for each beep, depending on what they are. For your other problem, I'm sorry. I hope someone else can provide more help.

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If it's a really big problem, back up all your stuff and perhaps format. (I wouldn't know what else to do.Don't take my advice unless it's a HUGE issue, lol.)

You're welcome if this has helped mate.
m
l

Best solution

a c 156 V Motherboard
October 10, 2010 9:08:48 AM

highwonder said:

There is a beep from the motherboard speaker every so often. Just a little beep, like a quiet bar-code scanner. The computer seems to be running mostly good for now so since I just got my system, I'm trying to figure out what it is.

If the beeps are happening after you have booted to Windows, they have nothing to do with the POST codes.

It could be the thermal alarm or CPU fan warning. Both of those generate BIOS type beeps. Go into the PC Health section of the BIOS and see if either warning is enabled.
October 20, 2010 12:12:53 AM

Best answer selected by highwonder.
m
l
!