Windows 8 how to enter network password

Hello,
windows 8 how to enter network password
4 answers Last reply
More about windows enter network password
  1. Go to the notification area in desktop, click the network icon, choose your network and tehen click connect after that it will ask for a password if this what you mean
  2. Yes I am having the same problem:

I have 2 windows 8 PC's networked... I am running them via a KVM switch.

I am currently on PC3....I click on the "Network" icon, it displays PC2 & PC3 (examples).
    I click on PC2 and it opens a dialog box, asking for a Network name & password.

I also does this in the reversed way....
    I am on PC2....I click on the "Network" icon, it displays PC2 & PC3 (examples).
    I click on PC3 and it opens a dialog box, asking for a Network name & password.

I am not sure what "name and password" I need to enter on each PC. I have tried everything I know,
    including the Router Name & Password, and nothing works.

Is there some other place where these details are, that I don't know about???
  3. OK, I can open network files from PC3, on PC2 now... but still can't open PC2 files on PC3...
    Also, for some reason Windows Search, and Online Help & Support is not listed in the Services on PC3. Maybe that has something to do with it. I cannot 'search' for anything on this PC, and I cannot get any online help.
  4. I too tried many ideas for hours to no avail: what did work is entering my email account and password for win 8, which is required for its security login; it was instantly visible in win 7. mjm
Ask a new question

Read More

Security How To Windows 8