modem not found

Hi,
After re-installing XP Home, Windows doesn't detect my modem. USRobotics
5660A.
PCI Fax Modem. I tried moving the modem to a diferent slot, but no matter
what I try, I never get the "Found New Hardware" screen.
Is there a gegistry entry that needs to be modified or added?
Thanks in advance,
Latsh NJ

Ramas_05

Hi,
After re-installing XP Home, Windows doesn't detect my modem. USRobotics
5660A.
PCI Fax Modem. I tried moving the modem to a diferent slot, but no matter
what I try, I never get the "Found New Hardware" screen.
Is there a gegistry entry that needs to be modified or added?
Thanks in advance,
Latsh NJ

You need to format the windows. There is some error in the registry and there is no way we could edit and make it work.
Just go for windows format.

Modem should have been your first clue that you replied to a 7 year old post. :lol: