Anyone using the ASUS P7P55D-E LX with the i5 750??

blien

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
I created a new custom computer using the ASUS P7P55D-E LX and the Intel i5 750...Everything works great except I have not been able to find a Ram that will keep my computer stable. I've tried about 3 different types of ram from the QVL and I can't seem to run any of them at 8GB. It will only accept one dimm slot..

So my question is, if any of you are using the ASUS P7P55D-E LX motherboard, what Ram are you using? Did you need to under or overclock it or is it running at default settings??

blien

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Not sure what QPI/vtt is but the ram itself is 1.5v... is that enough for what you are asking? Also the processor can't take more than 1.64v without damaging it so I've been trying to buy the ram at that voltage or lower..

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
You have to look at both the DRAM/DIMM V and the QPI/Vtt V. You are correct that the DRAM V max is 1.65V. There's plenty of good RAM out there that can run at 1.5V, some so-called "performance" RAM may be spec'ed at 1.65V. Your QPI/Vtt will probably be defaulting to 1.1V. You may need to bump that up to get 8 GBs stable. 1.15V is a good, first setting to try.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I have P7P55D ( a variant of yours ) and I installed 4 ea. 2 GB sticks of Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G valueRAM ( total 8 GB ) at 1.5V. All DRAM settings/timings are at default.

No problems till now ( 10 months from build ).

CPU is i7-860.

blien

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Hi ekoostik, I'll try to up the QPI/Vtt and see what happens.

Thanks Suat, I think that if it's not too late, I'm going to replace the motherboard to your model or something similar because it's ridiculous that a QVL ram that is listed in the Asus manual can't run as they said it will..

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Another thing to keep in mind, the big motherboard companies are consistently tweaking/extending memory compatibility through BIOS releases. If you are not on the latest BIOS you should consider upgrading. Just use the ASUS utility available through BIOS. Do NOT use the Windows based program.

blien

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
No I was using the latest BIOS so that was not the issue. We figured out what was happening... the motherboard was defective. We put the CPU and ram onto another board and it was working fine. Tried another ram and cpu on my board and it was still crashing... so the issue is the board was no good to begin with.

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it. Thanks also to Saut it's good to know we are using the same ram..