Mainly game/everday pc build need suggestions

nootcakes

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within next two weeks
PRICE RANGE: 500-600 incl Shipping
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, home entertainment/dvd player, everyday computing
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, case, 500gb seagate baracuda hard drive
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:NewEgg.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: US
PARTS PREFERENCES: Amd CPU and ATI GFX
OVERCLOCKING: no SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe in future to keep up to date
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 720p 32" lcd tv DVI to HDMI
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would please like some pc build suggestions and below is what i was thinking

2s6x401.jpg

Solution
Fantastic ... I'll tuck that nugget away in my quiver.

If you DO use paste, be sure to use a utility razor to carefully scrape off the stock thermal coating (on the heat plate).

There are some article links, in the sticky notes, at the top of the new build forum page (this forum) which can guide the tricky pasting process ... if you never did it.

Enjoy! Save a few dollars for games and such.

= Al =
^ Get a better quality PSU and if it is gaming, then spend a little more on the graphics...
Here is a reworked config with a mobo with better features, better quality PSU and a powerful DirectX 11 card...
1. GIGABYTE GA-790XTA-UD4 AM3 AMD 790X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 + X4 945
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.335030

1. OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ600MXSP 600W + 2. OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 - This 600W can easily power 2x HD 5750 in crossfire...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.331421

SAPPHIRE 100284L Radeon HD 5750 1GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102859

Total - ~$572

EDIT: Yup if he will be changing to a high res monitor then surely the HD 5850 or he could just go HD 5750 crossfire...

@Alvin Smith for his resolution(720p - 1366X768), the HD 5850 is an overkill...
A HD 5750 or at the max HD 5770 is more than enough to run any of the current games at max settings at that resolution...

^ You would need a atleast 2 PCIe x8 slots to crossfire...
x4 slots offer very limited bandwidth - nearly equal to a AGP 8X slot...So x4 slots should not be used for crossfire...you could use them for add-in cards...

And you can call me "kay"...

nootcakes

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
alright here's the updated list so far
not bad for 5.99 shipping and the 35 dollars in mail in rebates does not hurt either
is this the best i can do for the price? to my knowledge it is; that's why I'm posting it here, because i gain the knowledge of others.
351s37b.jpg

nootcakes

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
cables- what cables would be missing?
case- got an atx case at the home im going to drop this bad boy in to
screw kit- I'm gonna buy it here in a few mins
Thermal paste- i have some ceramic T.paste at home would that be sufficient for this build or should i invest in arctic silver
HDD- i have a seagate barracuda 500gb SATA at home out of my old machine

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Fantastic ... I'll tuck that nugget away in my quiver.

If you DO use paste, be sure to use a utility razor to carefully scrape off the stock thermal coating (on the heat plate).

There are some article links, in the sticky notes, at the top of the new build forum page (this forum) which can guide the tricky pasting process ... if you never did it.

Enjoy! Save a few dollars for games and such.

= Al =

Solution

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
There is often a dry coating on the stock thermal plate ... It can be black or white or grey or silver (looks like teflon) ... sort of looks like a label or sticker.

Maybe you should just go with the stock stuff, if it has such a great reputation.

I will see if I can fetch you the link for the "Thermal Application Primer"

= Please Stand By =

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Also, if it does not power up "all happy", the first time you try it, then PLEASE come back right here and read the "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING BOOT PROBLEMS" sticky thread, right at the top of this forum's main page ... Courtest of "Short Stuff", but that is *MISTER*, to you and I.

I have read this article, and it has most of MY favorite TS routines, in it (and some that got by me).

I would download it, so you'll have it handy. Whatever.

= Al =