Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Crossfire
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2010 4:26:21 PM

Basically running into an issue with a Sapphire HD 4850 I ordered from Newegg. I am trying to crossfire the Sapphire HD 4850 512mb and a XFX HD 4850 1gb GPU. Both are using DDR3 ram, and same chip RV770 however CCC nor GPU-Z recognize the crossfirex. The bridge was attached properly, both cards have been reseated. I have also made sure to Enable Dual GPU on the BIOS (set to Auto, then Enabled, then Disabled non work)

I have already used Driver Sweeper to remove the ATI drivers completely, and reinstalled the latest drivers. With no luck. Repositioned the Crossfire Bridge, and ensured the PCI-E 6 pin power cables to be plugged in.

I am currently using a Biostar TA790GX 128m with the 78DEA113 BIOS. I am starting to this the BIOS may be the problem, however I am reluctant to change it since ACC would go away and I would loose my unlocked Phenom II x2 550s.

Are there any other steps I can take besides flashing my BIOS to a newer version?
I tried using two power supplies, a Tuniq Potency 650w, and a Corsair HX750 so I am sure it is not a power issue.

More about : crossfire issues

a b U Graphics card
February 14, 2010 4:50:13 PM

Did you try the new card by itself in your top slot, to see it operates normally ?
m
l
!