Bios and CPU Z Reporting Completely Wrong Vcore

miketen587

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
A few weeks ago I posted a similar thread looking for answers/fixes to this problem but to no avail.

One person even said the same exact thing happened to him but did not have a fix for it.

Basically, ever since I installed my Asus DG sound card, the Vcore my bios and CPU Z are reporting is wildly inaccurate. They are both reading .288 Vcore, which is obviously completely wrong. I wouldn't even be able to post at that.

My 3570k is OCed to 4.2 Ghz @ 1.21 Volts. The OC is completely stable and has been for months. Motherboard is an Asus P8Z77-V LX.

The ONLY place that correctly reports my Vcore is the field in the Bios where I manually enter the fixed voltage that I want.

PC is running completely fine otherwise. This is just bugging the hell out of me.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Yeah, try pulling the sound card and see if it starts reporting correctly. If it's showing correct in BIOS though, I'd be led to believe windows should see it nearly the same however I could be wrong.

Also, if it does fix the issue maybe try swapping the slot it's plugged into to see if it works correctly in a different PCI slot.

miketen587

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Taking the card out does not revert it back to normal. I know for a fact that this issue started immediately after the sound card install though because my AI suite was giving me a Vcore notification in the bottom right corner of my screen, which it had NEVER done before. I've since uninstalled AI suite to avoid the warning, and the fact that I never used it.

when you installed the sound card did you pull power from the wall and let the mb drain?? new mb like the asus keep a small voltage standby on the mb/cpu..you may have zapped the mb without knowing it. have yoiu tried using the clear cmos jumper with power pulled from the wall??

miketen587

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Yes. I shut down, unplugged from the wall, and also shut off my PSU. I have tried resetting to optimized defaults within the Bios, but have not tried manually resetting cmos via the MB. I'll give that a shot.

miketen587

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Clearing cmos via the jumper on my MB didn't work either. Vcore still reading .280 in bios sensors and CPUZ In fact, according to CPUZ resetting cmos didnt even drop my clocks back to the stock speed of 3.4. Instead they went down to 3.8. All other settings in the Bios were reset as expected however.