Controller RAID and problem with boot windows xp from cd rom

trm__

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Hi

I have bought raid controller Intel SASWT4I and mainboard GigabyteGA-EQ45M-S2 with buil-in raid function (it is disabled) and 6 sata ports.
I have installed controller into mainboard, build raid 1 array.
Now I'm trying install windows xp on it. In instruction is written that I have to boot windows, but I can't to do it. Windows doesn't start.
Cd rom is connected to sata port 0. When computer is starting, del, F12 commands are displayed, then ctrl+s (but as I have mentioned it is disable in bios), then ctrl+c and then status array is displayed and disks are listed. then machine stop all time. I can only go to controller bios by pressing ctrl+c.
I can't go to computer bios by pressing del too.
When I deinstall controller I can go to computer bios and windows installation starting correctly.
I have tried connect other cd rom to ide port but result is the same.
Does anyone help me install windows xp on raid array?

Thanks

gracefully

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
The RAID array needs drivers to work. For WinXP, the only way is to put the drivers onto a floppy disk, which means you need to obtain a floppy disk drive. If you go with Vista or 7, you can put the drivers on a USB memory stick or on another DVD drive.

trm__

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I've changed option boot in bios controller. Was: bios & OS , is: OS only.
Windows have started install (formatted disk), but after first restart ( after copying files) is the same situation as at the beginn.