W7 64-bit Crash/Fail on Cold Boot

roborabbit

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Recently upgraded to Win7 Proff 64-bit. It seems that every time I try to boot up into windows after shutting the computer down for more than 7 hours I am greeted with a windows recovery screen asking me if I want to boot normally or launch the recovery tool. I boot my pc it goes through post and everything fine but then it reaches the windows 7 logo screen and after about 10~ seconds my pc reboots and I get the "Windows has experienced an error" yada-yada recovery screen. If I reboot into safe mode and then reboot back into normal windows boots and everything runs fine. When I first installed win7 I experienced a few blue screens of death, however after starting driver verifier and letting it run everything seemed fine until this happened. I cannot cold boot into windows. I have tested the memory in memtest86+ it went through 5 passes with 0 errors. I do not over-clock.

System specs:

CPU: AMD Phenon II x4 deneb 945 3.0 ghz 95 watt vers
Mobo: Asus M4A79 XTD Evo
Memory: 8 gB (4x2 gb) Adata DDR3 1600
GFX: Sapphire Radeon HD 5850
HDDs WD 500 gB black (w7 is installed on the WD) and an old 320 gB Seagate

System is running all the latest drivers / bios from the manufacturer.

3rd party start-up software:

AVG Free 9.0
Windows 7 Firewall Control

---

Found the possible culprit.... should have thought of this sooner.
Memory is running at diff speeds. One set is running at different speeds / timings. One set is running @ pc3 12800h(with 10-10-10-32 timings) and another @ pc3-10700 (9-9-9-24) will set them both to the same and see if that fixes it.

roborabbit

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2009
Uggg at my wits end. No matter what version of ATI drivers i install the moment it reboots i get a blank logon screen. I am then forced to do a system restore and try again.... went back as far as CCC 9.10. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

--

Well booted up and went into startup options and toggled low res mode. Booted up into it changed res to normal rebooted and it seems fine ... for now.... hopefully it's solved... otherwise ill need a new keyboard soon the f8 key is starting to come loose