lildude512

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
hi i just finished a new build and i have had tons of problems with the programming i running an intel 6700 core 2 quad on an asus p5nt deluxe and when i ran the initail install i get a prompt that says os winnt5.1h unsopported but asus tech support say it is and that i need a qfe i updated to sp3 and to no avil any help

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Don't take this the wrong way, but, I don't suppose you are kidding us ?

*What* version of windows are you trying to run ?

If the main OS won't install, how are you installing the SP3 ?

Your request is far to sparse. The fact that English is used here does not help either.

Try to explain more exactly what is happening ... at what stage.

= Good Luck =

lildude512

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I am very sorry, I didn’t proof read silly me! What I meant to say was Hi I just finished a new build and I have had tons of problems with the programming I am running an Intel Q6700 Core2 Quad cpu on an asus p5nt deluxe motherboard with 4gb Ram and a nvidia gt 240 1 GB, OS XP Home SP3 and when I first ran the initial install for the drivers. Provided by asus manufacture cd. I received a prompt that say’s OS Winnt5.1H unsupported when install ling the soundmax2000b but asus tech support (which by the way sucks) said it should be supported to try downloading the latest driver so I did that and to no avail. Immediately after clicking on the auto.exe file I am prompted so I checked the support.txt and it listed as a supported OS. That problem 1

P2. Is that for some odd reason when I connect my Logitech head set and then my x-box 360 controller I get a horrible static.

P3. On several occasions I have gotten a blue screen saying nv4disp.dll error device got stuck in an infinite loop I updated and turned the AI over clocking utility in the bios to Standard going on 2 days with no BS error. But comp still suddenly Crashes similar symptoms Where displayed before but this time with no BS

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Wow,
Sounds like you need to find a club ... fast!

Try your headset in your stereo or iPod ... Try a different set of headphones on your game console ... the prob should stay with the faulty device.

As for your other probs ... simplify, isolate, and conquer !

Read all the sticky notes at the top of this forum's main page ... especially the BOOT PROBS thread.

You might try calling MS.

= Al =

lildude512

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

So I ended up swapping out my Nvidia 240 for an Ati 5770 and instant improvement in performance so my guess is that the driver Nvidia provided was faulty or some kind of device deffect. So I just simply switched brands as for the headset I have tried it on another computer and it works fine I am strongly leaning towards driver issues again with the only problem that the driver for the headset is unavailable for download because it is included in the OS (btw its a usb head set) or a controller pad driver but i have tried two different version and still the same problem occurs and funny thing i even tried swapping controllers and headset and the problem still occurs)

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
I have read that problems often occur when "old drivers are not cleaned out" properly.
Something about deleting all the old driver files and folders and all references to such. But this was a new build? So ... Hmmmmmm.

= Al =

lildude512

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Yup I didn’t understand it myself I have never had problems with Asus or Nvidia but this time it just been a bad experience over all. Now I’ve come to the conclusion that it must be some kind of issue with either my soundmax2000b driver, usb headset driver, the Xbox controller driver, that something went wrong during the windows install, or just overall the version of windows xp I am using is a bad one (win_nt4.0H not 5.1 as previously mentioned my mistake) because the problem only occurs in this sequence
1. Power pc ON
2. Plug in USB headset
3. Plug in Xbox controller
That is the only way if I plug the controller in before the headset no static is heard or if I have them both plugged in before I power on the pc no static
I have found a simple fix which is to restart the pc and the static goes away
I have also attempted removal and reinstallation of the usb headset driver, two different versions of the Xbox controller driver, and two different version of the soundmax2000b driver. Also tried swapping out the Logitech headset, swapping the Xbox controller thinking they might be defective but the issue persists and btw the static can only be heard through the headset. I tried them both on another pc and no static was heard