Sign in with
Your question

"No devices detected!!!" error message

Last response: in Motherboards
October 10, 2010 12:53:36 PM

Hi, you all helped me pick out computer specs for a cyberpower computer in this thread: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/294727-31-please-comp...

I finally got it and I love it. It is running fine, but it does this weird thing on start up. It shows the Asus screen and then it says in dos font "loading devices", then it shows in red dos font "no devices detected!!!". What does this mean? Is something not set up right with the motherboard? It came with an asus cd, do I need to use that cd for something?
a b V Motherboard
October 10, 2010 12:59:24 PM

when you boot/try to boot it,go into your bios, see whats listed in there for storage/boot devices, it may just be that your drive/s aren't set up,
on a 'I just paid good money for a pc' front, get in touch with cybershower and play hell with them, you paid for that system, it should work out of the box.
Moto
m
l
October 10, 2010 5:42:49 PM

the screen right afther the bios is a s-ata controler if there are no devices connected to it it will show you that message:when a ide drive is hooked up it will show it there,it does no harm,if it's bothering you you can always disable it in the bios
m
l
Related resources
October 12, 2010 9:57:07 PM

How do I check it in the bios screen?
m
l
October 13, 2010 2:10:58 AM

in bios go to advanced>onboard devices conficuration>and disable the J-Micron controler

message should not cum up anymore
m
l
!