Mel

smart folks here, thanks for the head bob removal stuff. now does s/o
know how to bind my 4+5 intellimouse buttons? thanks

On 11 Jun 2004 07:53:21 -0700, mel amazed us all by typing:

> smart folks here, thanks for the head bob removal stuff. now does s/o
> know how to bind my 4+5 intellimouse buttons? thanks

Did you install the proper intellimouse drivers?

You should have extra setup pages on the mouse configuration (in control
panel) that enables you to bind keys to the left and right side buttons.

Simply bind em to some unused game keys and then bind these keys to the
functions you want in TDS.

RGK

Mel

RichGK <foo@fup.fip> wrote in message news:<1bzodfhcvno7u.17syk7asjzi3y$.dlg@40tude.net>...
> On 11 Jun 2004 07:53:21 -0700, mel amazed us all by typing:
>
> > smart folks here, thanks for the head bob removal stuff. now does s/o
> > know how to bind my 4+5 intellimouse buttons? thanks
>
> Did you install the proper intellimouse drivers?
>
> You should have extra setup pages on the mouse configuration (in control
> panel) that enables you to bind keys to the left and right side buttons.
>
> Simply bind em to some unused game keys and then bind these keys to the
> functions you want in TDS.
>
> RGK

hmm..yeh have all drivers. i guess i dont know what you mean bind them
to unused game keys? i know where to bind in mouse software...but what
do i bind?

strider

mel proclaimed...

> hmm..yeh have all drivers. i guess i dont know what you mean bind them
> to unused game keys? i know where to bind in mouse software...but what
> do i bind?

RICKGK means, within the software there is an option to bind the buttons
to F1-F12.

Once you've done that you can assign a command/option to any of the 'F'
keys and when you use the corresponding mouse button it will do exactly
what you wish.

--
www.stri.tk

"Confutatis maledictis" -- when the wicked are
confounded. "Flammis Acribus Adictis." How would you
translate that?
Consigned to flames of woe.
Do you believe it?
What?
A fire which never dies, burning you forever?
Oh yes.

"mel" <mlarson1@fairview.org> wrote in message
> RichGK <foo@fup.fip> wrote in message
> > On 11 Jun 2004 07:53:21 -0700, mel amazed us all by typing:
> >
> > > smart folks here, thanks for the head bob removal stuff. now does s/o
> > > know how to bind my 4+5 intellimouse buttons? thanks
> >
> > Did you install the proper intellimouse drivers?
> >
> > You should have extra setup pages on the mouse configuration (in control
> > panel) that enables you to bind keys to the left and right side buttons.
> >
> > Simply bind em to some unused game keys and then bind these keys to the
> > functions you want in TDS.
> >
> > RGK
>
> hmm..yeh have all drivers. i guess i dont know what you mean bind them
> to unused game keys? i know where to bind in mouse software...but what
> do i bind?

Bind them to regular keys that the game will recognize (but that you don't
already use for other commands.)

I have my thumb button bound permanently to generate a backspace - almost
every game recognizes that as a bindable key and it's far enough away from
the WASD area that I never use it on the keyboard. And as a bonus, this
binding still lets me do the "thumb for pageback" thingie in IE.