    5500 series. Now you know why a used 50xx is worth more than a new 55xx.

    From:Chris
    Chris@verizon.net

    > Do the 5500 series allow users to send and recieve video to other
    > users on the internet? I looked in the manual online at replaytv.com
    > and I see the instructions on doing that in the 5000 series, but not
    > in the 5500 series.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

    That one is easy.. NO, it does not

    Though there is still a way to do it, but NOT with the replay unless you
    convert your 55xx to a 50xx, which can be done however I can not (as
    opposed to will not or may not) tell you how.. I know it can be done but
    have not downloaded the instructions

    --
    John F Davis, in Delightful Detroit. WA8YXM(at)arrl(dot)net
    "Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business"

    It was discontinued for the 5500 series. If you have had your unit
    connected for long enough, it has downloaded the version 144+ software,
    and to get it to do this will REQUIRE that you void your warranty by
    re-loading older software on the hard drive. Oh, and even then you will
    have to set up a second, continuously running computer to keep it
    working. Sorry. if you want more info about this and replays in
    general, go to the AVS forums.

    Chris wrote:

    > Do the 5500 series allow users to send and recieve video to other users on
    > the internet? I looked in the manual online at replaytv.com and I see the
    > instructions on doing that in the 5000 series, but not in the 5500 series.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chris

ReplayTV Video Internet Home Theatre