Command to choose windows program to run on starting up

Hello, I would like to know the windows command to select only a few programs to run on start up , not the the default programs
9 answers Last reply
More about command choose windows program starting
  1. start --> Run --> MSConfig
    Go into the startup tab and deselect the ones you don't want to load at startup.
  2. System Configuaration utility and pin to start menu.
    So you don't have to type that or msconfig in search
  3. Once you've set the startup programs, the only time you're likely to go back into msconfig is if you've installed more applications.
    Not sure if it warrants pinning to start menu ...
  4. Huh it's handy two clicks!
    So i guess you never use safe mode or uncheck start programs.
    Msconfig is great for XP.
    No longer needed once pinned.
    It's the same thing anyways.
  5. I use it a fair bit at work, as I'm a network admin, but I guess I'm just used to pressing win+r and typing it.

    And yeah, very rarely need safe mode and have very few programs starting up
  6. arael said:
    start --> Run --> MSConfig
    Go into the startup tab and deselect the ones you don't want to load at startup.


    Thaanks Ariel
    Wonderful help
  7. davcon said:
    System Configuaration utility and pin to start menu.
    So you don't have to type that or msconfig in search


    thanks Davcon
    Excellent suggestion thank so much
    Spekay
  8. spekay said:
    Hello, I would like to know the windows command to select only a few programs to run on start up , not the the default programs



    Thanks DAvcon and Arael . I use Windows 7 Home Edition I will try these options and experiment . Msconfig great . . checking it out .
    Cheers
    Spekay ...
  9. You're welcome :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Default Programs Command Prompt Windows 7