Help! Does anyone know What the Best Video Card For A/An Dell Inspiron 531 is?

Hello,
I am just wondering what the best video card upgrade is for my dell inspiron 531 is? Because I just upgraded my single CPU 2.2gHz AMD Sempron To A/An AMD Anthalon Dual Core 3.01 gHz x2 Processor, and I am still not satisfied with my gaming preformance. I mainly play Garry's Mod With friends, (Not a very intensive game but still lags) And i'm not impressed with the FPS Lag I get. I occasionally lag on Half Life 1!!!!! Please help me find a Video Card For under $70 That works good. Thanks!
-Sam
6 answers Last reply
More about help video card dell inspiron
  1. I'm going to install a 256mb Card in few hrs...
  2. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102829&cm_re=HD4650_low_profile-_-14-102-829-_-Product

HD 4650 Low Profile Has surprisingly very good horse power for this level. Leaps and bounds ahead if your using the 530s built in graphics.
  3. And newly released is the 5570 which is essentially a 4650/70 and comes with either 512mb or 1gb models.
  4. True on the 5570 but from doing alot of searching it seems that even though the 5570 is also a low profile card I have been hearing the power cunsumption went up alittle bit which means it won't work with a lowly 250w psu like the hd4650. hmmm
  5. clcvisions said:
    True on the 5570 but from doing alot of searching it seems that even though the 5570 is also a low profile card I have been hearing the power cunsumption went up alittle bit which means it won't work with a lowly 250w psu like the hd4650. hmmm

Why are you recommending a slow, low-profile videocard? Are you thinking of the Dell Inspiron 531s (a slim version with a lower PSU and is low-profile)?

The Dell Inspiron 531 is a mid-size desktop computer that comes with a 305W powersupply. He can use a HD4670 without any power problems and it is more powerful than the HD4650.
  6. My fault! I did exactly that! Saw an s where there wasn't one! Sorry! oopS! So I take my words back and agree with you 100% on what you said!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Graphics Product