5508 IR Blaster does not turn on Comcast DCT2007

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 27, 2005 3:26:51 PM

In the Setup, I have tried all of the Blaster codes and many can "Turn
On" the Comcast (Motoroal) Digital Box. Also, I can easily change
channels from Replay. If I program a recording however, the Replay
does not turn on the Comcast box. It records, but there is no signal.
Any thoughts?
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 7:57:43 PM

On 27 Sep 2005 11:26:51 -0700, "mkstlwtz" <michael@stolowitz.com>
wrote:

>In the Setup, I have tried all of the Blaster codes and many can "Turn
>On" the Comcast (Motoroal) Digital Box. Also, I can easily change
>channels from Replay. If I program a recording however, the Replay
>does not turn on the Comcast box. It records, but there is no signal.
>Any thoughts?

The Replay does not send POWER codes when changing channels (possibly
having something to do with most of those commands being toggles).
Leave the cable box "on" all he time. It will have very little effect
on power consumption.

BTW, what I said refers to cable and satellite tuners. Turn the TV off
when not watching it.

Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

still fall for that scam."
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:47:49 PM

Easiest solution is to just leave the box on 24/7. It consumes very
little power.

From:mkstlwtz
michael@stolowitz.com

!