Overclocking a core i7 3770k ivy bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSpecialTime

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hi all, I'm planning on purchasing my parts to a pc soon, and I was debating on whether I should overclock my CPU or not. If I do, I would consider going to around 4.5 ghz. Is this a safe level and is it worth going any higher? I may purchase Intels replacement package since its only 25$ so as to not worry about messing up once.

Solution
Honestly, if you don't have at least a Core2Quad right now, most likely if you buy one of the newer 3570k or so processors it'll be pretty awesome. I'd get under a new CPU and then decide if it's worth overclocking to you. The Ivy bridge and Sandy bridge quad cores are so powerful; most of us who do clock them don't ever use them to their potential. LOL

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Honestly, if you don't have at least a Core2Quad right now, most likely if you buy one of the newer 3570k or so processors it'll be pretty awesome. I'd get under a new CPU and then decide if it's worth overclocking to you. The Ivy bridge and Sandy bridge quad cores are so powerful; most of us who do clock them don't ever use them to their potential. LOL

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.