Free RTVs?

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 28, 2005 3:41:46 AM

I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
machine.

I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
inventory.

More about : free rtvs

Anonymous
September 28, 2005 8:22:12 AM

Can you forward me a copy of the email? They just met my price point for
a 5500.

From:gfretwell@aol.com
gfretwell@aol.com

> I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
> They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
> machine.
>
> I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
> inventory.
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 8:22:13 AM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:22:12 GMT, "BruceR" <brNOSPAM@hawaii.com>
wrote:

>Can you forward me a copy of the email? They just met my price point for
>a 5500.
>
>From:gfretwell@aol.com
>gfretwell@aol.com
>
>> I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
>> They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
>> machine.
>>
>> I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
>> inventory.

FREE REPLAYTV 5504 FACTORY RENEWED – LIMITED TIME OFFER*

ONLY 5 DAYS LEFT ON THIS GREAT OFFER!!

Get a Factory Renewed ReplayTV 5504 for FREE when you
Combine our Summer Savings Rebate & “SPF40” 40% OFF coupon.

ReplayTV.com’s lowest price ever. While supplies last!

ONLY A LIMITED QUANITITY LEFT IN OUR INVENTORY

SAVE $50-$200 with our Summer Savings Rebate.
replaytv.com/rebate

40% OFF ANY 5500 REPLAYTV DVR @ ReplayTV.com

USE COUPON CODE: SPF40
replaytv.com

© 2005, Digital Networks North America, Inc. ReplayTV and the ReplayTV
logo are registered
trademarks of Digital Networks North America, Inc.
September 28, 2005 2:44:47 PM

that's only on refurbished models. and you HAVE to sign up with the
service for it to be valid. AND it's a $60 rebate you will have to wait
for. AND there's $12 shipping plus tax you will have to pay in some
states.

gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

> I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
> They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
> machine.
>
> I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
> inventory.
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 3:00:54 PM

wrote:

>Can you forward me a copy of the email? They just met my price point for
>a 5500.

I suppose there's no discount on the activation, making this much less
of a good deal than it sounds.

>From:gfretwell@aol.com
>gfretwell@aol.com
>
>> I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
>> They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
>> machine.
>>
>> I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
>> inventory.

Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

still fall for that scam."
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 9:00:44 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:00:54 -0500, Mark Lloyd
<mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:

>I suppose there's no discount on the activation, making this much less
>of a good deal than it sounds.

Is there ever a discount?
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 9:00:45 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:00:44 -0400, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:00:54 -0500, Mark Lloyd
><mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>
>>I suppose there's no discount on the activation, making this much less
>>of a good deal than it sounds.
>

>Is there ever a discount?

Not that I know of.

A $99.95 Replay for "free" (100% discount) is really a $398.95 Replay
for $299 (25% discount). That "free" isn't looking so good now.

Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

still fall for that scam."
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 6:03:30 AM

gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:00:54 -0500, Mark Lloyd
> <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>

>>I suppose there's no discount on the activation, making this much less
>>of a good deal than it sounds.
>

> Is there ever a discount?

Yes, depending on how you look at it.

When I bought a refurb 5516 a few months ago, it was like $200 after
rebate with a lifetime activation bundled in.

So you could look at that as a free RTV with a 33% discount on the
activation. Or it was a $200 RTV with free lifetime activation.

I guess I looked at it like the latter since that's essentially the deal
I got when I bought my first ReplayTV (actually a Panasonic Showstopper
HS1000) with George W. Bush's tax "rebate" to stimulate the sluggish
economy (or was that to slow down an overheated economy? I can never
keep track of the reasons he offers for the things he does :-).

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 02:03:30 GMT, Victor Kan
<victor@usenet.NO_UCEloopdrive.net> wrote:

>gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 11:00:54 -0500, Mark Lloyd
>> <mlloyd@5xxxmail.com5xxx> wrote:
>>

>>>I suppose there's no discount on the activation, making this much less
>>>of a good deal than it sounds.
>>

>> Is there ever a discount?
>
>Yes, depending on how you look at it.
>
>When I bought a refurb 5516 a few months ago, it was like $200 after
>rebate with a lifetime activation bundled in.

So that's less than the FREE REplay without activation.

>So you could look at that as a free RTV with a 33% discount on the
>activation. Or it was a $200 RTV with free lifetime activation.
>
>I guess I looked at it like the latter since that's essentially the deal
>I got when I bought my first ReplayTV (actually a Panasonic Showstopper
> HS1000) with George W. Bush's tax "rebate" to stimulate the sluggish
>economy (or was that to slow down an overheated economy? I can never
>keep track of the reasons he offers for the things he does :-).

Mark Lloyd
has a Replay 5xxx
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

still fall for that scam."
Anonymous
September 29, 2005 3:23:28 PM

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:44:47 -0400, Andrew Kibler
<00@cwru.edu> wrote:

>that's only on refurbished models. and you HAVE to sign up with the
>service for it to be valid. AND it's a $60 rebate you will have to wait
>for. AND there's $12 shipping plus tax you will have to pay in some
>states.
AND you cannot transfer an existing activation and still get
the rebate. I found that out when they tried to deny a
rebate to me. I finally raised enough heck that I got my
rebates (I was not transferring an activation).

>gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
>> They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
>> machine.
>>
>> I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
>> inventory.
September 29, 2005 3:50:04 PM

No offence, but don't you think thats pushing it a little far? You want
rebate on a unit that you don't want to activate? (or transfer activation)
The whole purpose of the rebates is to get people to pay for activations.
But good for you if you managed to get them to do this....

"George Pinson" <gfpinson@*nospam*bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:44:47 -0400, Andrew Kibler
> <00@cwru.edu> wrote:
>
>>that's only on refurbished models. and you HAVE to sign up with the
>>service for it to be valid. AND it's a $60 rebate you will have to wait
>>for. AND there's $12 shipping plus tax you will have to pay in some
>>states.
> AND you cannot transfer an existing activation and still get
> the rebate. I found that out when they tried to deny a
> rebate to me. I finally raised enough heck that I got my
> rebates (I was not transferring an activation).
>>
>>gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I got an Email that says they are giving away 5500s
>>> They have 2 coupons that they say can be used together for a free
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> I guess if I wait long enough they will pay us to clean out that
>>> inventory.

Anonymous
September 30, 2005 12:01:25 AM

>>that's only on refurbished models. and you HAVE to sign up with the
>>service for it to be valid. AND it's a $60 rebate you will have to wait
>>for. AND there's $12 shipping plus tax you will have to pay in some
>>states.
>
> AND you cannot transfer an existing activation and still get
> the rebate. I found that out when they tried to deny a
> rebate to me. I finally raised enough heck that I got my
> rebates (I was not transferring an activation).

Yeah, It's called "offers may not be combined......
!