Solved

Can I use this video card in this mobo?

My 8600GT fried on me a few days back so I'm looking to upgrade. However there is a problem (at least I think.) My motherboard is almost 3 years old and the standard supported RAM is DDR2.

Here is my motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128034

Here is the card I am looking to buy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130573

The standard supported memory on my motherboard is DDR2 and the card is DDR5 and I don't know the nitty gritty on this stuff, but would I be able to use that card in my motherboard?

Thanks d00dz!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about video card mobo
  1. Best answer
    The slot it plugs into is still PCIe. You'll be fine.
  2. thanks d00d
  3. I've noticed a lot of people's 8xxx series cards are dieing.

Where they all set to time bomb about now?
  4. MechaNintendoMaster said:
    I've noticed a lot of people's 8xxx series cards are dieing.

Where they all set to time bomb about now?

lol, maybe just over heating. I used to have 2 x 8600 GT's in SLi (back in the day) with both cards hitting temps over 70C. And that was only because i has like 20 fans hitting them plus my AC on at about 60C. If i tried to run them normally they would pretty much have dead by now. =P lol.
  5. Gekko Shadow said:
    lol, maybe just over heating. I used to have 2 x 8600 GT's in SLi (back in the day) with both cards hitting temps over 70C. And that was only because i has like 20 fans hitting them plus my AC on at about 60C. If i tried to run them normally they would pretty much have dead by now. =P lol.

lol my 8600GT was hitting temperatures of 126 degrees celsius while playing LOTRO and my CPU still remained at 35-40 degrees when I had my PhysX configed to it
  6. taylortolliver said:
    lol my 8600GT was hitting temperatures of 126 degrees celsius while playing LOTRO and my CPU still remained at 35-40 degrees when I had my PhysX configed to it

Wholy scat Batman! Are you serious?! I think i know why they fried x.x

I got rid of my 8600's because of that main reason. I didn't want to buy an aftermarket cooler. Not really worth it =P.

but dam, 126C? I worry when my temps start hitting 50C.
  7. Gekko Shadow said:
    Wholy scat Batman! Are you serious?! I think i know why they fried x.x

I got rid of my 8600's because of that main reason. I didn't want to buy an aftermarket cooler. Not really worth it =P.

but dam, 126C? I worry when my temps start hitting 50C.

its true u should have seen his face lastnight when his GTX460 hit 68* lol (overclocking and the fan was like at 25% ) lmao!!!!
  8. tx-jose said:
    its true u should have seen his face lastnight when his GTX460 hit 68* lol (overclocking and the fan was like at 25% ) lmao!!!!

Hey hey! I didn't make no face - i was more like pissed off at the fact that i had the fan set at 90% but it wasn't taking that and the 'Auto' option wasn't turned on either. xP
  9. Best answer selected by taylortolliver.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards DDR2 Graphics Cards Product