XFX HD5770 WTH?????????

cs82575

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Ok so I purchased a XFX5770 card yesterday.. I know it's not the best out there right now but it is what I was able to afford... Correct me if I am wrong here but , IF THEY TELL YOU WHAT THE BOX CONTAINS, SHOULDN'T THOSE CONTENTS BE IN THE BOX???
I did some research and learned that this is the newer version of the card and they did some major cutbacks to save money..However if they do that ...CHANGE THE BOX!!!!!! Box says the following,

Whats in the box according to XFX

XFX Radeon HD5770,
Installation CD,
Quick Installation Guide
Driver CD
XFX Serial number door hanger
6-pin 4-pin Power Cable
HDTV Cable......NOT!!!
DVI to VGA Adapter....NOT
SPDIF cable....NOT
ATX Crossfire bridge interconnect....NOT

What's in the box:: this is whats actually in the box
XFX Radeon HD5770,
Installation CD,
Quick Installation Guide
Driver CD
XFX Serial number door hanger
6-pin 4-pin Power Cable

So I took it back thinking I got a card that missed quality control...Nope every other box was the same way ... Has anyone else had this happen.. Plus the fact that you no longer can triple Crossfire anymore because they took one away from the card.. I am dying to get a hold of them on the phone tomm. Just wanted to see if anyone elseinto the same issues. Only funny part is the retailer now has 11 open boxes(( we checked them all)) that are going back to XFX because they once again ...NEVER CHANGED THE BOX :??:

nrnx

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Got my XFX Radeon 5770 a few days ago, didn't have this problem; only my box didn't include a Battleforge coupon when it clearly said it should, I called XFX and they are mailing me one fedex thats already on its way.

shadycuz

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

When you register the card online. It tells you have a promotion available and thats when they give you your battleforge thing.

shadycuz

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

I just bought a new xfx 5770 last night and my box say's nothing about a hdtv cable.

yizusc

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009

Can you tell us where this should appear on the xfx website?

nrnx

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
No, you actually have to get the battleforge coupon. Its inside the box. I got my fedexed Coupon today, and was playing Battleforge, its great fun RTS, can't wait to get into it more. Also you should contact your retailer and complain that you purchased at for false advertising. XFX has the best customer service I know of. My case was taken care of quickly and promptly through new egg after I complained.

cs82575

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Well here is what I found out.... It's a misprint on the box...Best buy is returning all of the cards to XFX. You can no longer triple crossfire your cards because they wanted to save money and removed one of the crossfire slots.. If you want a crossfire cable call XFX and they will send it to you free in the mail.. This GPU is NOT as good at the ""regular HD5770" so to speak... As long as your not looking to run 3 in one computer you should be ok... I becaame so aggrivated with the entire thing that I returned it and added a couple bucks to it and ordered a 5850 from newegg.... New card is awesome and almost double of what I got with the 5770..... So whoever keeps their's at least call XFX and tell them to send you the crossfire cable,, I was really mad that they downgraded the card and didn't make it known to the consumer.. Google it and you will see what I mean ... Best wishes