Sign in with
Your question

Intel pentium T4400 2.2GHZ, 800Mhz FSB

Last response: in CPUs
May 2, 2010 8:47:28 PM

Hello, i want to ask if i can play colin mcrae 2 with this type of processor when the specifications say on an Acer aspire 5732Z

* Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.6Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 X2
* RAM: 1GB (2GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7)
* HDD Space: 10GB
* Video Card: ATI Radeon X1600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800

May 11, 2010 12:51:34 AM

Your hardware is just fine to play the game colin mcrae rally 2 which is an old game title on dx 7.

But i do doubt that if you have asked about the dirt 2,then the specifications for the game are below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended Specifications - Enhanced for DirectX 11
Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Phenom II
Memory: 3GB
HD Space: 10GB
Video Card: ATi Radeon HD 5700 Series

Minimum Specifications
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 3400+
Memory: 1GB (2GB for Windows Vista)
HD Space: 10GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon X1500, NVIDIA GeForce 6800

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i don't think that your aspire can provide you with the game performance or you can even play because the processor T4300 (2.1 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache) would be lower than the minimum hardware and there is no external video memory.

Yet,if you are able to run that game on your acer laptop then the game would turn to be a mere slideslow because of the intel onboard graphics and lack of strong gpu/ cpu.
a b à CPUs
May 11, 2010 9:03:54 AM

The processor itself would be fine, because I'm supposing they're talking about the single core Athlon 64 3400+ and Pentium 4s, otherwise the original Pentium Ds which kinda sucked and are no match for your T4300. However, the graphics card on your laptop would have to be better than a Mobility Radeon HD 4330 or GeForce 9400M GT or something similar to match a GeForce 6800.
Related resources
May 19, 2010 4:10:53 PM

Thank you so much guys! Do you think it is possible to add some graphics card, the price is not really a problem because the laptop itself was quite cheap as you can probably guess? :p  Thank you again!
May 19, 2010 9:57:28 PM

elmobg said:
Thank you so much guys! Do you think it is possible to add some graphics card, the price is not really a problem because the laptop itself was quite cheap as you can probably guess? :p  Thank you again!

Your Acer Aspire 5732Z has a Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset with integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M (Intel® GMA 4500M) with up to 1759 MB of Intel® Dynamic Video Memory Technology 5.0 (64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory), supporting Microsoft® DirectX® 10.

There seems to be no support for pci-e graphics card on this laptop as i see only the ram can be upgraded.
Still you can improve your performance by installing more ram and sharing the memory with the integrated graphics.
a b à CPUs
May 19, 2010 10:15:23 PM

elmobg said:
Hello, i want to ask if i can play colin mcrae 2 with this type of processor when the specifications say on an Acer aspire 5732Z

* Processor: Intel Pentium D 2.6Ghz, AMD Athlon 64 X2
* RAM: 1GB (2GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7)
* HDD Space: 10GB
* Video Card: ATI Radeon X1600, NVIDIA GeForce 6800

There are different versions of the Acer 5732Z. For instance, I just bought this one for my wife:

Acer 5732Z-4598 (T4400 + 4GB DDR2 + Intel 4500M)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It is BY NO MEANS a gaming laptop. However, for a very old DirectX 7 based game, it will be perfectly fine (assuming the game runs on Windows 7).

So far as a I know, I haven't seen any of the Acer 5732Z models with an actual graphics card in them. I believe they all use the Intel HD4500 integrated chipset. So any modern games will be unplayable on this laptop. There's no way to change out the graphics or add a GPU to this laptop.

Aside from any gaming stuff, this is a great little laptop. :)  My wife solely uses hers for browsing forums, news, movie reviews, and other Firefox browser based stuff. ;) 
!