[ SOLVED] Sapphire 7970 OC vs Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X OC

I have made my mind to get either of these Sapphire cards. I could either get the $350 non Vapor X or wait until the $450 price of the Vapor-X goes down. I've seen great reviews for both, is the Vapor X really worth it or is the non Vapor X basically the same?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814202001 Vapor X

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...HD%207970%20OC Regular

Don't try to persuade me into getting anything else, I have made up my mind. Thanks is advance.
6 answers Last reply
More about solved sapphire 7970 sapphire 7970 vapor
  1. Is it just me or is anyone else getting "bad requests" page when you click on the link. Anyways nice name....rottencurry :lol:

Edit: I believe both cards are not too different spec wise...however the Vapor X is made of better components such as the cooler, that can lead to better overclocks and can withstand the heat associated with crossfiring cards.
  2. The 350$ sapphire is non ghz edition and can't overclock as well as the vapor-x which is ghz edition.
    If money ain't a problem then get the 7970 ghz edition vapor-x.
  3. I think I'll stick with the non Vapor X because I am not really planning to overclock like crazy, but I might a little. Also, $450 seems a little much, even though I really want it I just recently bought a $150 power supply and am also planning on getting a 1080p monitor in the future. Hopefully it works well :D.
  4. rottencurry said:
    I think I'll stick with the non Vapor X because I am not really planning to overclock like crazy, but I might a little. Also, $450 seems a little much, even though I really want it I just recently bought a $150 power supply and am also planning on getting a 1080p monitor in the future. Hopefully it works well :D.

Okay, that is your choice...anyways what's up with the name? Can't stop laughing :lol:
  5. socialfox said:
    Okay, that is your choice...anyways what's up with the name? Can't stop laughing :lol:

Lol, a long time a go i saw on the MapleStory ranks that one of the best players was named spicycurry so that's where I got my name. Been using it ever since XD.
  6. rottencurry said:
    Lol, a long time a go i saw on the MapleStory ranks that one of the best players was named spicycurry so that's where I got my name. Been using it ever since XD.

Interesting....quite the funny name :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Reviews Sapphire Overclocking Product