Sign in with
Your question

[ SOLVED] Sapphire 7970 OC vs Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X OC

Last response: in Overclocking
December 12, 2012 12:11:36 AM

I have made my mind to get either of these Sapphire cards. I could either get the $350 non Vapor X or wait until the $450 price of the Vapor-X goes down. I've seen great reviews for both, is the Vapor X really worth it or is the non Vapor X basically the same?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814202001 Vapor X

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...HD%207970%20OC Regular

Don't try to persuade me into getting anything else, I have made up my mind. Thanks is advance.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 12:14:24 AM

Is it just me or is anyone else getting "bad requests" page when you click on the link. Anyways nice name....rottencurry :lol: 

Edit: I believe both cards are not too different spec wise...however the Vapor X is made of better components such as the cooler, that can lead to better overclocks and can withstand the heat associated with crossfiring cards.
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 12:56:32 AM

The 350$ sapphire is non ghz edition and can't overclock as well as the vapor-x which is ghz edition.
If money ain't a problem then get the 7970 ghz edition vapor-x.
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2012 1:49:29 AM

I think I'll stick with the non Vapor X because I am not really planning to overclock like crazy, but I might a little. Also, $450 seems a little much, even though I really want it I just recently bought a $150 power supply and am also planning on getting a 1080p monitor in the future. Hopefully it works well :D .
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 2:24:50 AM

rottencurry said:
I think I'll stick with the non Vapor X because I am not really planning to overclock like crazy, but I might a little. Also, $450 seems a little much, even though I really want it I just recently bought a $150 power supply and am also planning on getting a 1080p monitor in the future. Hopefully it works well :D .

Okay, that is your choice...anyways what's up with the name? Can't stop laughing :lol: 
m
l
December 12, 2012 8:46:16 PM

socialfox said:
Okay, that is your choice...anyways what's up with the name? Can't stop laughing :lol: 

Lol, a long time a go i saw on the MapleStory ranks that one of the best players was named spicycurry so that's where I got my name. Been using it ever since XD.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 8:51:04 PM

rottencurry said:
Lol, a long time a go i saw on the MapleStory ranks that one of the best players was named spicycurry so that's where I got my name. Been using it ever since XD.

Interesting....quite the funny name :lol: 
m
l
!