It's been ~8 years since I built a new PC, so I'm just catching up with PCIe. I'm building a i7 870 P55 based monster machine (cooler, quieter than an i7 950 X58), but I need good PCIe connectivity as I'm getting a OCZ RevoDrive (witch uses a x4 port), and a good graphics card, and it would be nice to have the option later to get SLI.
- Can I do it, or will I only get x4 1GB/sec bandwidth to the 2nd SLI card since I'll have a RevoDrive?
- Will the RevoDrive x4 connector fit in a normal PCI socket?
- Some mobo configurations have the tiny 4x slot between the x16 slots, might be a cooling problem?
- Most importantly, which motherboard is best for this?
1. Not sure about that one =P
2. No it will not, it's meant for PCIe x 4 - doesn't work with regular PCI.
3. Not a BIG problem, but with a proper case and airflow, should not be much of a problem.
4. I'll get back to this one after i'm done eating lunch xDD *nom nom nom*