Ssd 64 GB sata3 6gb on a motherboard with sata2 3gb

elchaker

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hi

I have just read the toms-hardware article: Ten 60 GB SandForce-Based Boot Drives, Rounded-Up, by Andrew Ku, and i want to buy one ssd to install window 7. The problem is that my motherboard, and Asus p6t deluxe v2 is rather old, and it only supports Sata 2 3gb. So my question is it worth it to buy a Ssd Zalman F1 60gb Sata3 6gbps or a Corsair Force Gt Sata3 6gbps, to use on a mother that is only Sata 2 3gb?

thanks all for your answers

PS: this is my configuration, motherboard Asus P6t Deluxe V2, micro Intel Core i7 920, memory G-Skill 6gb DDR3 triple channel, video Gigabyte geforce 570.

Solution
The SSD will not reach its full potential but will be faster than a SATA II SSD, later down the road you might upgrade to a motherboard that supports SATA III and then you will be happy with haven gotten SATA III drive.

elchaker

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks again rolli59, i will have to work on a future upgrade may be a core i7 2700, and a good mobo with sata III support. Don´t have many options in my country in order to get a motherboard lga 1366 Sata 6 Gb, and they are very expensive (over U$S 360), so if the difference using a ssd is, lets said 20% between Sata 3gb and sata 6gb, it does not worth the money.