ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe and SATA Blu-ray

Currently thinking of buying a SATA Blu-ray drive to use with my A7N8X-E Deluxe (with a decent video card, decent codec and software player and a decent overclocked CPU I believe it should work ......... just!). Initial tests with downloaded 720p and 1080p test files are good.

Anyhow, what BIOS revision do I need in order to use SATA with a modern Blu-ray drive?

Thanks

Note: Am using Windows XP SP3, the Blu-ray drive I'm thinking of buying is this one:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/221349
3 answers Last reply
More about asus a7n8x deluxe sata
  1. AS I can't edit my post for some reason, I'll add this message to say that I'm currently using BIOS Rev 1013.
  2. A Blu Ray player uses the Windows system SATA driver to drive SATA devices (Blu Ray player). I have the board. There is no BIOS update addressing any update to the onboard SATA controller I know of. I use the latest BIOS. The latest is all inclusive for any prior BIOS revisions. The board is Socket A and support has been discontinued for years.
  3. Thanks very much. I knew that the board was old (about 7 years if I recall) but wanted to be sure that I didn't need a BIOS update, etc.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards SATA Blu-ray