3570k oc to 4.4GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinsonc11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
I'm new to overclocking and I'm a bit confused about the voltages and multipliers. I have a 3570k and a noctua nh d14 and I want to overclock it to atleast 4.4GHz. I have an AsRock z77 extreme4. Can somebody help me with this? Thanks for answering in advance :)

Solution
The short answer is changing the multipliers to 44 and leaving the BCLK at 100.

But there's more to it than that, because if you leave voltages at stock, it'll probably BSOD, and if you push them too high it'll fry your CPU.

I agree with steddora - read up on stuff.

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/intel-ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide/

That's a guide to overclocking Ivy Bridge CPU's, which explains a bit more of the jargon, and limits.

Happy reading.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Learning is the KEY to overclocking. Study your board, bios, and even stock voltages/temperatures.

I want you to google every single option you have in the BIOS overclocking settings. This way, you'll know what you are doing before you do it. I can't stress how important it is to LEARN about overclocking rather than just having someone tell you what settings to go to. I am not being mean, just for your own benefit. Learn about that board/CPU and know what you're doing before you start clocking anything higher than stock.

vinsonc11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I can't access the bios; the screen goes to the windows logo before I can read which key goes to the bios.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
When you first boot, 95% of motherboards will go into the BIOS with the "Delete" key. Just remember, learn about the settings before you ever adjust them. That way you know what they do and you know if they'll fry your CPU if you adjust them.

vinsonc11

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I've got an AsRock mobo. Can I use the AXTU right?

jakeythehobo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
The short answer is changing the multipliers to 44 and leaving the BCLK at 100.

But there's more to it than that, because if you leave voltages at stock, it'll probably BSOD, and if you push them too high it'll fry your CPU.

I agree with steddora - read up on stuff.

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/intel-ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide/

That's a guide to overclocking Ivy Bridge CPU's, which explains a bit more of the jargon, and limits.

Happy reading.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS