I need a free acpi audio driver

Ted and Wain

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
My audio on my acpi\pnp0c01 mainboard has a hardware conflict. I need then right driver, but I cannot afford to buy one.
Can anyone help?

Solution
D
Go to the manufacturers site. You should NEVER have to buy a driver.
ACPI {Advanced Configuration and Power Interface} just means it's compatible with power management {e.g. low power states sleep/hibernation/etc}.

Therefore, if you have an onboard audio driver you must use the driver specific to your MOBO.

Q - What MOBO {motherboard} do you have and what EXACT conflict are you having with the onboard Audio?

Suggestion, open the Device Manager | expand [+] Sound, Video and Gaming... {click e.g. Realtek or your onboard sound driver} | right-click & select Properties | click the Resources -tab -> if it says No then you problems lies somewhere else.

Otherwise:
open the Device Manager | expand [+] Sound, Video and Gaming... {click e.g. Realtek or your onboard sound driver} | right-click Uninstall then Reboot your system. In addition, look for ANY devices listed in the Device Manager tree and those with (?) right-click to uninstall and reboot your system.

If that fails then post the following by pressing the [ALT and PrtScn buttons], save as JPEG image and post {free website http://photobucket.com/ } example:
nividia9500gt_drivers.jpg