Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can you overclock an Intel Core i7 3770?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 3:45:29 PM

Can you overclock an Intel Core i7 3770? if yes, can you tell me how?

My Specs:
Intel 3770
Asus P8z77 v Pro
Asus GTX 660 Ti DCII
Corsair HX650
1TB Seagate Hard drive
Corsair 500R
Corsair Vengeance 1600 2x4GB

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 6:48:46 PM

I believe you can overclock using the BLCK method BUT it is very risky. If you were planning on overclocking should've grabbed the 3770k....

With overclocking through BLCK, you also change the clock of surrounding things, therefore it will be hard to maintain stability and even IF you did overclock it, the change would be minimal. Can't overclock far with BLCK.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 12, 2012 11:10:47 PM

+1 to socialfox. Overclocking the BCLK actually causes an overclock in the PCI-X lanes, IDE controller, RAM, and even some other parts of the system. Not to mention, newer boards like that Z77 you have don't take kindly to boosting the BCLK too well. That chip is better off stock. I'd sell it off and get a K series if you're really interested in overclocking.
m
l
Related resources
a c 185 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b å Intel
December 12, 2012 11:14:34 PM

Turbo boost overclock!
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2012 10:15:04 AM

socialfox said:
I believe you can overclock using the BLCK method BUT it is very risky. If you were planning on overclocking should've grabbed the 3770k....

With overclocking through BLCK, you also change the clock of surrounding things, therefore it will be hard to maintain stability and even IF you did overclock it, the change would be minimal. Can't overclock far with BLCK.

I never really planned on OCing. My CPU used to overheat while editing video, it used to hit 87C so people recommended me to buy a Hyper 212 EVO so i thought that i could OC since i bought a Hyper 212 EVO anyway :p .

Im not goin to take the risk :p 
Forget it...

Thanks for your answers guys! :D 
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2012 10:15:35 AM

Best answer selected by timarp000.
m
l
April 17, 2013 5:11:24 PM

socialfox said:

m
l
!