Sign in with
Your question

The best gaming sound card

Last response: in Systems
February 25, 2010 4:04:25 AM

Hey all!
I'm having the hardest time deciding on a sound card, i want to use it for strictly gaming. Im deciding between the Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card, and the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional. I like the Creative because it has x-ram and it helps the game move smoother. But i want a slid sound card that is going to make things sound amazing and so i can hear anyone around me and know were they are just by hearing them

More about : gaming sound card

February 25, 2010 5:02:18 AM

Get the sound blaster xfi. I used this on my very first 5.k extreme gaming pc. If you put it on the full blast, you could almost hear foot steps... But it's very expensive compare to other sound cards...
February 25, 2010 3:53:18 PM

Very few games utilize x-ram and various benchmarks have shown it to be of limited value. For years I swore by Creative cards... first a SB 16, than a SB AW-32, then the LIVE card and lastly the X-Fi... and through all of those, I had nothing but good experiences... unfortunately, I think those days are over now. Creative is notorious for terrible drivers and since Windows Vista (and this includes Windows 7), some of the 3D effects have been removed from the card... well, not the card exactly... the OS's support has changed. I've yet to hear anyone say that Alchemy is a perfect solution to this... so I guess I'm still on the fence and will stick with my on-board X-Fi (that isn't a true X-Fi audio solution)
!