Connecting to wireless

G

Hello,
my computer had a wireless usb.. but when my computer got a virus everything got wiped including the usb wireless adapter program and I lost the disk for that.. so bought a new wireless usb (netgear) and came with cd.. now its asking for my Wep key code and some other stuff I dont understand..

however didnt realise, I had a password for this ? or if i did i have no idea what it is.. ?

any suggestions on what code i should put in ? or how to get myself connect to the internet ! ?

thank you so much

Hello,
my computer had a wireless usb.. but when my computer got a virus everything got wiped including the usb wireless adapter program and I lost the disk for that.. so bought a new wireless usb (netgear) and came with cd.. now its asking for my Wep key code and some other stuff I dont understand..

however didnt realise, I had a password for this ? or if i did i have no idea what it is.. ?

any suggestions on what code i should put in ? or how to get myself connect to the internet ! ?

thank you so much

Hello and welcome to Tom's.

You aren't looking for a password as such - more a security key encoded into your router. Have a look at Post #3 in this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/28102-18-suppoort-setupwirless.

If there isn't enough information in there for you, and if this thread is shut down, PM me for more assistance.

[/#000ff]