Your question

Vertex3 on SATA2 (200MB/S)

Tags:
  • SSD
  • Controller
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
March 8, 2012 12:58:44 PM

Bought a used Vertex3 from Amazon.com listed as 'Like New'. I paid $123...

No real issues yet... have a partition created + aligned... Copied over my Windows 7 installation and after finally resetting my boot configuration I got into Windows... WEI is 7.6 for Disk (7.4 overall, CPU i5 750 OC'd to 3.8 Ghz is only a 7.4?)

My motherboard only has a SATA2 controller but my HD Tune scores seem low I think... not sure. I noticed that my startup time increased after I enabled the RAID controller and plugged my two old hard drives into it and created a RAID 0 array. My main controller (that the SSD is hooked to) is AHCI, not IDE.

I have determined that TRIM is enabled. I've disabled any auto defrag (there was't one), disabled indexing as well. Anything else I should do?

Here is the RAID0 HDTune on two pretty cheap Seagate 320GB drives...

More about : vertex3 sata2 200mb

a c 265 G Storage
March 8, 2012 1:06:10 PM

Do not really see anything wrong so I would consider it normal different utility would give different results.
m
l
a c 324 G Storage
March 8, 2012 1:16:16 PM

The biggest advantage of the SSD is the negligible seek times. You get much higher actual transfer rates as your system loads and runs from files that are not contiguous on the drive.
If those are serial benchmarks, I suggest that you try again with random 4K IOs.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 545 G Storage
March 8, 2012 2:29:48 PM

Advertised speeds for OCZ drives are with ATTO & AS-SSD benchmark software.
You should benchmark with either or both of those to determine your drive's performance.
m
l
March 8, 2012 2:51:20 PM

Thanks everyone...
m
l
!