Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Memtest for DOS

Last response: in Memory
a b } Memory
October 12, 2010 1:48:44 AM

How to create a memtest USB that boots from DOS? I run Win 7 64-bit, and want to test my 6gb RAM.

More about : memtest dos

Best solution

a b } Memory
October 12, 2010 2:20:52 AM

The windows 7 CD contains a good memory test that you can run by inserting the CD and booting from it and selecting the memory test. If you want something a bit better then download memtest86 ISO and burn a bootable disk.
Related resources
a b } Memory
October 12, 2010 2:46:39 AM

pjmelect said:
The windows 7 CD contains a good memory test that you can run by inserting the CD and booting from it and selecting the memory test. If you want something a bit better then download memtest86 ISO and burn a bootable disk.

How can I find this windows memory test? Does it just pop up in the autorun menu or something? Sorry noob question.

ko888 said:
There is an Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) that is available from memtest.org:

http://www.memtest.org/download/4.10/memtest86+-4.10.usb.installer.zip

I have downloaded that, it creates a file syslinux.cfg, copying, mt86plus, & readme. Then I boot from the USB. It says:
SYSLINUX VER ... bla bla
No DEFAULT or ... !
> _

Then it stops at that..
m
l
a b } Memory
October 12, 2010 3:13:18 AM

Do you not have a DVD drive? If you have a DVD RW attached, download UBCD and burn the ISO. Then run Memtest86+ via UBCD. UBCD is bigger, but it has all the testing tools you'll ever need.
m
l
a b } Memory
October 12, 2010 4:09:29 AM

--Edit--
Got it.

Thanks I will try any steps above, and will give best answer to the one working. Just wait. Haven't bought a CD to be burned yet..
m
l
a b } Memory
October 25, 2010 2:38:11 AM

Best answer selected by andrern2000.
m
l
!