Sign in with
Your question

Print spooler service has stopped

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
October 22, 2012 5:34:37 PM

Hello,
I keep getting a message that tells me that my print spooler service is not running. If I try to start it via services.msc I get Error 1068 The dependency service or group failed to start. I am running windows xp Home Edition version 2002 SP3. Can anyone help?
October 22, 2012 7:57:43 PM

This error is caused by one or more Windows services being disabled. To fix it, you will need to go to Start > Run, and enter "services.msc" (without quotes). Here, you will see a list of services, their description, and whether or not they are running. The most common services that give people this error message are the "Help and Support Service" (for launching Help), Windows Image Acquisition Service (for cameras and scanners), and the Print Spooler service (for printers). Some programs and drivers, such as for Lexmark printers, may also have services that need turned on. Right-click the service you need, select "Properties", and use the drop box to change its starup type from "Disabled" to "Automatic." You can also start the service here, or you can reboot your computer.
!