Intel Core I5 750
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
Kingston DDR3 4GB
Samsung F3 500 GB HDD
MSI GT220 DDR2 Heatpipe
Simple DVD-RW
Zalman Flex CPU Cooler
Corsair VX550 PSU

I want quiet PC for design work, which is why I want Heatpipe version of GT220 just to be enough for Photoshop.
I wanted Nexus Clodius case and I thought it would be good for its money and relatively quiet, it's the best looking case I've seen for that money, but unfortunately my store said I will have to wait for one month to get it, so I have to choose something else. Also I planned to Install Zalman Flex without fans, I've read a review (http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/zalman_cnps10x_flex/in...) which said that it can be used without fans and still outperform stock intel cooler giving that airflow inside the case will be sufficient. I'm not 100% sure about that, so as I have to choose another case anyway I want to ask if that heatsink alone would be good choise for my needs or I should consider something else? The firm doesn't have Scithe coolers, I think my options can be limited.

So about the case, I see these options:

* Gigabyte GZ-X1, GZ-X2 for about the same price as Clodius. Design is ok and not expensive. Are they any good?
* Antec Three Hundred - it's another best minimalistic option in terms of looks, but it seems like it's more suitable for gamers (i don't plan to game at all, don't plan to overclock, to use 2 vga cards and I don't care about fancy lights) and from what I've read fans are noisy and also its front might leak all noise from the case if there be any, of course. Costs ok.
* Antec Solo - I don't like the design, I want black. Costs twice as much as Clodius.
* Antec ANTEC NSK-4000B - design is just acceptable, but I don't see what's good about it, what do I get for that price over Clodius. I can take this case only if I don't buy CPU cooler and will use stock cooler.
* Nexus Version 1, a little bit more expansive and somewhat similar to Clodius, but I'm really not sure I like upside down mother board idea and I've read not good things about it.

Very difficult to choose. Other options are Chieftec, Codegen, Compucase and some other cases but I'm not sure I like anything at all from them.

Thank you for any help I can get.

More about : quiet case design

May 3, 2010 3:30:18 PM

I found another option, I hope it will be available.

* Cooler Master Sileo 500

Which I like better than others and it has good review and seems to be pretty silent http://www.silentpcreview.com/article946-page1.html but to afford I need to drop Zalman Flex and stick with stock CPU cooler.
Related resources
May 3, 2010 4:59:43 PM

Scotteq, thank you for your answer. Most of these cases are quite expensive and I can't buy them here.

I'm not sure if it's worth to go with stock cooler to buy better case like Sileo 500, how much noise will I get. And If I will not buy better case I don't know if Zalman Flex alone is a good choise for CPU cooling. I don't want any system lockups and want stable system in Photoshop.
a b ) Power supply
May 3, 2010 5:59:02 PM

p180?/182 etc. very quiet, the tricools are very quiet, case is well damped, look up on silent pc review?
May 3, 2010 6:46:36 PM

They are unavailable to me and too expensive.
May 3, 2010 6:49:58 PM

solarcquence said:
Scotteq, thank you for your answer. Most of these cases are quite expensive and I can't buy them here.

I'm not sure if it's worth to go with stock cooler to buy better case like Sileo 500, how much noise will I get. And If I will not buy better case I don't know if Zalman Flex alone is a good choise for CPU cooling. I don't want any system lockups and want stable system in Photoshop.

At stock speeds, the stock cooler is perfectly adequate. A little noisier than aftermarket ones can be, but in a noise damped case it won't be noticable.

What's your budget? We can poke around a little and see what's available if we had a number to keep in mind.
May 3, 2010 7:02:58 PM

I'm not in US so I think prices are different, but my budget for everything is 960$.

So basically I need to decide now, if I take Sileo 500 i'm with stock cooler and I don't know when I will change it. Of not I need to choose GZ-X2 or Antec Three Hundred which is not noise damped at all I suppose, and I'm really worried about those 3 fans, I don't want to find out that I bought wrong case. Sileo 500 looks like way better option to me, but expensive.

Thank you for your answer, it's helpful, it's just that I'm kind of paranoid about noise because right now I have very noisy PC and I'm really sick of it and want a relief, I thought with Clodius case Zalman Flex would give me some of that. Going for better case and with stock cooler is a little scarry for me still. :) 

Other option would be to take cheaper PSU but i'm not sure that's good idea.
!