Can I overclock an unlocke AMD Sempron?

Sentoryu

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I have an AMD Sempron first then unlocked a core to get the
AMD Athlon II x2 4400e ~2.7GHz with a 2GB RAM for a Windows 7 32-bit OS.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6750 graphics card. I want to run Assassin's Creed III so I compared the sytem requirements for the game. It seems that the processor is really getting in the way.

Is it safe to overclock it even though it is already unlocked? And how much do you think should I overclock it to. I have no money for the mean time so I cannot buy any new parts to upgrade. I was thinking of over clocking to 3.0GHz but I have no idea how to and if it change significantly.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I'd do some research on overclocking that processor with whatever motherboard you have. The biggest thing about an unlocked processor is that the multiplier is unlocked. That makes overclocking easier on the motherboard as the chip can actually be clocked higher without needing to boost the front side bus which in turns overclocks the PCI, ram, and many other parts of the system.

So do some research on your motherboard and that processor and see what you come up with. However going from 2.7Ghz to 3.0Ghz isn't going to net you a lot of performance with that chip.