Add Ram now Computer will not boot Up! Help Please!?

Hi, I recently built my computer and wanted to add more rams to it but I'm having some trouble.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I have 4 ram slots on my motherboard. I originally had 2gbs in slot 1 and 3 each. I bought 2more 2gb ram (same brand everything!) and added it in slot 2 and 4 and then my computer does not boot!

So I tried to do the single ram test and try each slot. The computer only boots and makes a beeping noise in slots 1 and 3. Slot 2 and 4 does not boot.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I have to change? Please help! Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about computer boot please
  1. The fact that 2 and 4 don't boot with even a single dimm is a problem. Try resetting the bios: remove the BIOS battery for 60 seconds, then put it back in. If that doesn't work, I recommend getting an RMA from Asus and having them fix or replace the board (if its too late to return it to the retailer).
  2. yeahh I'll try that and let the forum know how it goes
  3. Hi, I recently built my computer and wanted to add more rams to it but I'm having some trouble.

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
    RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I have 4 ram slots on my motherboard. I originally had 2gb in slot 1 . I bought 4gb ram (same brand everything!) and added it in slot 2 and 4 and then my computer does not boot!

So I tried to do the single ram test and try each slot. The computer does not boot
    please can anybody help me.............
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Boot Computer