Sign in with
Your question

The Big Kahuna, Thermaltake Level 10

Last response: in Components
May 3, 2010 3:51:30 PM

Okay, I'm thinking of building a new rig in July or August. It'll have all the goodies, EUB 30, eSata, hotrod Sata etc... latest and greatest AMD will have to offer. I'm currently running a Coolermaster case and an ole AMD FX-60 rig. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your POV, I'm in love with the Thermaltake Level 10. I've watched all the video's I can find and I just gotta have this case. Still I'd like to talk to some folks who've actually used it. Anyone out there running one of these?

Worf
May 3, 2010 10:47:59 PM

I had this case looks wise it's fantastic. The pros on this setup is you have awesome wire management and it does have a removeable mobo tray which is awesome. plenty of hd slots but here is where the cons over power this case. Weight this beast weighs 50 pounds with nothing in it granted it's all aluminum. for overclocking and air cooling it lacks alot it comes with 2 120mm fans but they are not that good so therefore air running through the case isnt that great. If you run any type of water cooling it is very limited on the size of the radiator you can install. The side panel locks can be difficult sometimes they do jam i had this happen a couple of times. SO like i said looks wise this case is phemomenal but for practical purposes it's not that great. I ended up with a cooler master HAF932 which is also a full tower case with incredible cooling and plenty of room for anything you want to do. If you do decide on the tt level 10 i would upgrade the 120mm fans in it to something better. Good Luck
a c 124 ) Power supply
May 4, 2010 1:53:10 AM

It is gorgeous but the expense and practicality issues have the head talking me outta what my heart says I want. Am surprised to see you matching it w/ an AMD system tho.
May 4, 2010 12:37:50 PM

JackNaylorPE said:
It is gorgeous but the expense and practicality issues have the head talking me outta what my heart says I want. Am surprised to see you matching it w/ an AMD system tho.

Yeah, I know about Intel's offerings and their superior speed and power, but, for personal reasons, I'll be sticking with AMD for the duration. Please don't take this as flamage to Intel lovers, but as a former IT guy my dealings with Intel didn't go well so when I'm spending my own money I prefer to go AMD. Thanks for the opinion on the case though.. but DANG it looks soooo sexy!!!!!

Worf
!