Sign in with
Your question

AMD phemon x4 9500 problem

Last response: in Overclocking
December 13, 2012 5:52:38 AM

Hello
Normally when it comes to the AMD phenom x4 9500 its a quad core and is normally 2.2 ghz
But when i download the program cpu-z to check my setting it turns out i am only having 1.1 ghz.
Rarely it would push it to 2.2 ghz and 11 multiplier only for 10 sec then goes back to 1.1.
It this suppose to happen?
I am also wanting to OC this also. But in the Bios i can't find where u OC.
I am looking for anyone to help me :D 
http://valid.canardpc.com/2613877
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2012 7:49:47 PM

Probably AMD's cool'n'quiet setup. Basically it underclocks the processor during idle to keep the processor nice and cool where the fan will run at a minimum speed.

As for overclocking; there's a lot of learning ahead of you if you've never overclocked. I'll simply suggest researching overclocking with your motherboard/chip. Also; some boards just simply don't have any overclocking options. Most of these boards are actually from prebuilt systems; but either way if they are disabled and not there; then you don't have much of a choice in the matter.
December 13, 2012 8:46:38 PM

steddora said:
Probably AMD's cool'n'quiet setup. Basically it underclocks the processor during idle to keep the processor nice and cool where the fan will run at a minimum speed.

As for overclocking; there's a lot of learning ahead of you if you've never overclocked. I'll simply suggest researching overclocking with your motherboard/chip. Also; some boards just simply don't have any overclocking options. Most of these boards are actually from prebuilt systems; but either way if they are disabled and not there; then you don't have much of a choice in the matter.

Ah i see. Do you know how to turn off cool'n'quite? or is it worth it.
a b K Overclocking
December 13, 2012 8:51:57 PM

Honestly, if you're not overclocking at all, it's nice to have. I actually am overclocked on my 2600k and still use Intel's version of Cool'N'Quiet. My CPU drops to 1600Mhz and 0.9v at an idle. It's nice to have as the processor actually goes into the single digits of wattage. :) 
!