SSD Fresh OS Install Opinions?

So I just got an Intel 320 128GB SSD and 1TB Caviar Black, (mobo only supports 3.0/Gbs) and was just looking for some input.
Right now my plan is as follows:

Disk 0: SSD: [20GB C: OS Partition] [6GB P: Pagefile] [100GB D: Games/Programs]
Disk 1: HDD: [Temporary Files][Games/Programs] [Documents, Downloads]

(Temporary Files include /TEMP, /TMP, Chrome/FF Temporary Files, etc)

After install:
Disable: Hybernation, Drive Indexing, System Restore, Prefetch/Superfetch, Windows Error Reporting (Crash Dump),
Enable: High Performance Power Saving Profile

Run: dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded - To remove excess from winSxS

Anyone have any input? Recomendations on OS partition size, pagefile size, temp partition, etc. See anything I absolutely SHOULDN'T do? I use to keep my pagefile on the secondary HD at the front of the drive, but I read that's not necessarily better than keeping it on the SSD now. Or should I just add Pagefile to the disable list, and bump the OS partition to 26-28GB?

Currently have i7 920 OC @ 3.8 and 6GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 8-8-8-24
2 answers Last reply
More about fresh install opinions
  1. I personally would not bother partitioning the SSD and just install the OS and favorite apps on it. Then follow the guides in here to default anything else over to the storage drive http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/270102-32-useful-articles-part
  2. With only a 20gb partition for the OS that doesn't leave much room for updates and drivers.
    I'm with Rolli on this one , too many partitions , just leave the SSD whole and partition the hdd if you want to seperate things. You can disable the items that you listed and run those items that you listed.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Partition Pagefile Storage