DG45ID motherboard stops recognizing keyboard and mouse

svkndv

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
My DG45ID stopped working suddenly and got replaced by Intel.

But new motherboard stopped recognizing mouse in Linux or in windows vista. With the help of keyboard i downloaded and installed BIOS update from intel website. After the first reboot system stopped recognizing either mouse or keyboard. Unable to enter to BIOS to revert it to system default.

I dont think it is problem with USB ports as my wireless adopter is working fine.

Welcome Newcomer! :)

This is a common occurrence with some older Wireless KB/M {keyboard/mouse} and Microsoft - it occurs when you installed the in USB X and moved -> to USB Y, and has nothing to go with your BIOS. The USB entries are corrupted.

The solution is to disconnect both USB KB/M and use a PS/2 connection {your wireless came or has a Y-connector <or> borrow}
1. Open the Device Manager | delete both Keyboard + Mouse devices
2. Shutdown
3. Reconnect the USB KB/M
4. Restart

Failure:
1. Open the Device Manager | delete both Keyboard + Mice... devices AND delete ALL entries listed under [+] Universal Serial Bus controllers...
2. Shutdown
3. Reconnect the USB KB/M
4. Restart

Good Luck!

svkndv

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

As I mentioned before I am unable enter even in BIOS(F2) , then how can I use it windows. Keyboard and mouse is not functional at all so there is no way I can access device manager or anything.

As I mentioned "{your wireless came ____ or has a Y-connector <or> borrow} " ... the came was supposed to be followed by USB-to-PS/2 adapter which was included when you purchased the wireless KB/M {most of them are green}.

Borrow a Keyboard, Buy & Return a keyboard. If possible use the one you're typing this message from assuming it's not a phone/notebook/public PC. A cheap KB/M is ~$12.

Also, I "get" the BIOS (non windows driver) all I can say is the communication between the [ PC - USB - Receiver ] got messed-up by the move. I KNOW this because it happen to my MS KB 6000 v2.

Good Luck

svkndv

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009

Thanks for the reply, Again it send back to intel for replacement. My vendor confirmed that most of the USB ports were in damaged condition on the replaced motherboard.

Quality of work is a concern even with a company like intel