Motherboard model number g33m05g1

MiLKMAN4339

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Hello,
i have gateway model # dx4710 with a motherboard # G33M05G1 and chipset of P35/G33/G31. it has a E5200 dual core pentium 2.8 Ghz processor. I would like upgrade my processor to something faster, can some 1 tell me which processors will work in my puter ?

Solution
I would list your question in a gateway forum, if you can find one, and see if anyone has been able to use a quad or e8400 with your board. Doubt if gateway will answer your question, but it won't hurt to try. The q6600 is the only quad I would try with your board. L2 cache doesn't matter; wolfdale cpus are the newer .45 nm, which I believe the e5200 is. You see the main problem with oem boards; no support for cpu upgrades.
I would list your question in a gateway forum, if you can find one, and see if anyone has been able to use a quad or e8400 with your board. Doubt if gateway will answer your question, but it won't hurt to try. The q6600 is the only quad I would try with your board. L2 cache doesn't matter; wolfdale cpus are the newer .45 nm, which I believe the e5200 is. You see the main problem with oem boards; no support for cpu upgrades.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS