What does DSC and P in P-10 and P-100 means?

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 27, 2004 4:33:59 PM

Greetings! What does the word DSC means? Does it Digital Sony Camera?
What does the the P nomenclature in P series camera means? Secondly
How does Sony numbers the cameras? [I had discovered in Olympus series
that C in C-4040 means cameras for advanced users and D meant
camera for amateurs. In Kodak Cx means cameras for beginners and Dx
means cameras for advanced camera users.] Just Curious.

More about : dsc 100 means

Anonymous
November 28, 2004 1:29:05 AM

"zxcvar" <arouth@radiology.umsmed.edu> wrote in message
> Greetings! What does the word DSC means? Does it Digital Sony Camera?

Digital Still Camera.

> What does the the P nomenclature in P series camera means?

Nothing. The letter prefix indicates the camera shape, in this case long,
thin, asymmetric with the lens towards the right hand side of the camera
face. The P series are, indeed, aimed at the "point and shoot" beginner
market- though the current P100, P120 and P150 have manual shutter modes-
but then so are the U, T and W series. Only the V and F series are aimed
higher, at the "prosumer" market.

no, and yes...."
!